Access to the links on our private channel this year requires a donation of $75 and is only valid until December 31, 2017. Note that passwords are changed at the end of each calendar year and that a donation must be made each year to view new content the following year. Click the Donate Button below to donate and receive a password that will access all posted links.
1. BLAC World Leg 2 (Southern African and the Indian Ocean)
4. Return Journey to Central Africa 2015 – This link, with its 180 photos and over 40 videos, takes you on Dr. Edward Powe’s second journey to Equatorial Guinea and Sao Tomé & Principe. Highlights include many exotic dishes, spirited capoeira and maculele performances, various displays of Central African art and culture, and the CCEG’s second annual umlabalaba tournament. Enjoy!
5. A Journey to Guatemala – This link presents in words, photos, and videos, Dr. Edward L. Powe’s exciting journey to Guatemala from December 6, 2014 to January 13, 2015.
6. Blogs from Sao Tomé – This link presents in words, photos, and videos, Dr. Edward L. Powe’s exciting journey to Sao Tomé. Highlights include the National Independence Day celebration, gastronomy, and capoeira performances.
7. Journey to Equatorial Guinea – This link presents in words, photos, and videos Dr. Edward L. Powe’s exciting visit to Equatorial Guinea in July and August, 2014. Highlights include The President’s Birthday Celebration, cultural performances, models, dances, and a Zulu Chess tournament.
8. A Capoeira Graduation Ceremony Mozambique – This link presents Axé Merim’s Capoeira Graduation celebrated in 2013 in Maputo, Mozambique. It was filmed by Dr. Edward L. Powe and the capoeira master here is Mestre Pintinhas.
9. A trip to Southern Africa and Mozambique – This link presents in words and photos Dr. Edward L. Powe’s brief journey to Durban, South Africa and Maputo, Mozambique during the Christmas season of 2013. Highlights include celebrations and mouth-watering food galore in both cities.